Please note that your application will only be processed if a resume and a cover letter are included. You can send your application to: email@example.com.
We are currently looking for a Team Lead for our Technical Support Engineering department. In this position, you will manage and lead a cross-functional technical group of employees whose primary responsibility is to deliver support on the computer clusters and server hardware delivered by ClusterVision.
The ideal candidate will have experience in management, technical support, system administration, and also have strong organization and communication skills.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will consist of:
- Provide continuing instruction and leadership to employees.
- Plan, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the technical support activities and budget of the department.
- Provide personnel with guidance in handling difficult or complex issues or problems so they can be resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Manage daily operations; respond to client escalations and special requests to meet department and company service and support goals.
- Review operational processes making recommendations and changes to improve efficiency within the organization
- Ensure customer requests are responded to in a timely manner
- Prepare reports and statistics for upper management.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of all technical support and engineering activities.
- Manage projects (i.e. complaint resolution processes, customer service applications, etc.)
- Ensure all customer service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the organization.
Desired Experience and Skills
For this role, we are looking for a proven successful and inspiring team leader with a technical background who knows how to motivate others. The technical experience you have, ideally consist of:
Most supercomputer cluster operating systems and software environments are based on Linux and your tasks involve a reasonable amount of Linux troubleshooting, tuning and tweaking. You should be very familiar with the GNU/Linux Operating System at system administration level. The ability to script in Perl/Bash/PHP and knowledge about high performance and high availability clustering would be seen as advantageous, but not strictly necessary. You are expected to be familiar with various Linux distributions and generic Unix services.
Parallel Programming and Scientific Computing
Most of our Linux supercomputer clusters are used for scientific high performance computing applications and many of our customers are scientists. Some prior experience with parallel programming (MPI) and an affinity with scientific computing would be seen as advantageous, but not strictly necessary. Knowledge of technologies like SGE, PBS, LDAP, NFS, PXE, Heartbeat, Lustre, GPFS, BeeGFS, Nagios and Ganglia is seen as advantageous, but is also not strictly necessary.
You will frequently travel within the Benelux, United Kingdom, Germany and Southern Europe for HPC cluster installations, training and customer support. Therefore, fluency in English is important. Fluency in French would be beneficial.
ClusterVision is a young but rapidly growing company. We require people who are not only very skilled, but who are also flexible, reliable, can take initiative, can deal with responsibility, and have a “can do” mentality.
Other skills and characteristics you will need in this job:
- You have a passion for HPC/Computational technology.
- You have clear written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to listen and clarify information.
- Excellent organization, project and customer management skills and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team.
- Be adaptable to changes in the workplace.
- You have the drive to make a real difference to our successful and rapidly growing organisation!
Clustervision is a full service High Performance Computing Solution Provider. As the enabler of our customers’ HPC capability, their success is our success. We have already designed, built and serviced some of the fastest and most complex supercomputers in the world and have won awards for innovation and technology leadership. Our view is always forward, to solving the next customer challenge. With headquarters in the Netherlands and extensive coverage across Europe and the Middle-East, our team is made up of knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and professional people. All team members have these characteristics in common: they are passionate about HPC/Cluster technology and dedicated to the customers who rely on our solutions.
|Reporting To||Chief Operational Officer|
|Location||Amsterdam, office based, with travel in the region and beyond when required.|
|Scope||Fulltime, with immediate start|
|Experience||Extensive experience managing a team (min. 3 years), preferably in a technical support setting; additionally, min. 5 years of experience in an operational technical support role|
|Education||Graduate level: Computer Science, Technology or Management preferred.|
|Languages||English is required, Dutch or other European languages would be beneficial|
|Salary||Competitive starting salary and benefits package|