We are actively seeking a Datacenter Engineer. As Datacenter Engineer within the HPC environment you are technically responsible for the building, testing and repairing of components for supercomputers and server hardware. You will be based in our Head Quarter in Amsterdam, however visiting project sites also belong to your work; these locations will then be your temporarily workplace.
Markets & Customers
Your customers will include some of the world’s most innovative organisations in industry and academia, in fields such as Engineering, Exploration, Physical Sciences, Health, Finance and Media/Internet. In this role you will be working with suppliers of technical components all over the world. You will make sure to build and maintain good relationships with these suppliers.
Responsibilities & Scope
The primary role in this job is to assist ClusterVision with technical related activities. Among others, the position involves installing, testing & repairing ClusterVisions’s hardware, onsite and offsite. An important responsibility is to burn/test/setup hardware before it leaves the ClusterVision office. Your secondary responsibility is to assist with onsite hardware support for our customers.
You are able to lift computers and servers without difficulties. You need to be accurate and aware of the products the whole team is working with. You will work closely with various internal departments including your own production department, rack construction and project engineering. If problems occur you are able to solve this problem with these departments and also your direct colleagues. Furthermore, you need to be able to work in a challenging and rapidly changing environment.
In time your responsibilities could grow to Linux support directly to our customers.
Skills & Experience
In this role you will use your knowledge, planning and technical skills to make sure our production process works in the most efficient way. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- An IT technical education and extensive knowledge of PC hardware.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System is required, familiarity with:
* BIOS settings and configuration
* firmware updates and flashing procedures
* low lever troubleshooting of faulty hardware components
- Basic scripting skills (bash, python, perl) required.
- Basic understanding of databases (MySQL, sqlite3)
- Knowledge of production management, preferably within technology and computer building.
- Knowledge of researching/sourcing computer components.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
Product Skills & Experience
In addition to your skills and experience, you will require a working knowledge of CPU platforms (Intel, AMD, etc.), server components (Dell, Supermicro, etc.), network communications (Ethernet, Infiniband), storage technology (RAID, SCSI, SATA, FCAL) and Linux/open source software. Experience of high performance and high availability computing technology, such as high-speed interconnects, and MPI communication software would be beneficial, as would exposure to commercial or open source scientific and industrial software applications.
As part of the ClusterVision team you will join a complex ecosystem of colleagues, partners, and customers. An open and collaborative mindset, with the ability to form and extract maximum value from these supplier relationships, will be fundamental to your success. Some of the personal attributes we are looking for include:
- Communicative, organizational and ability to multitask.
- Practical approach and ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Accuracy and a good eye for detail.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Customer-oriented and flexible attitude, this position requires some travel to customer sites.
- Dedication to a collaborative production process, including knowledge sharing, forecasting, CRM.
- A passion for HPC/computational technology, and an avid interest in science and engineering applications.
- The personal character to work with a high degree of self motivation and independent responsibility.
- An open, hands-on approach, with a “can-do” philosophy.
- The desire to make a real difference to a successful and rapidly growing organisation.
- Driver’s license and the willingness to travel.
|Job Category||Assembly & Production|
|Reporting To||Production Manager|
|Location||Amsterdam, office based, with travel in the region, and beyond if required|
|Scope||Full-time, with immediate start|
|Experience||Minimum of 2 years hardware engineer, preferably in HPC/Technical Computing environment|
|Education||Graduate level, Computer Science, Technology/HPC preferred|
|Languages||English required; Dutch or any other European languages would be beneficial|
|Salary||Competitive base salary (depending on experience and education) and extra benefits|