ClusterVision is currently looking for an eager Senior Linux System Administrator for one of our major customers in Germany. This position involves managing the operations of the Enterprise Red Hat Linux computing infrastructure, including a sizeable virtual machine environment. You will also need to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex system related problems, as well as document the work which was done.
This is a key role in serving this customer as well as we can; by adding value with your skills and knowledge, you will get the opportunity to make a direct and visible contribution to the continued success of our company at this major client! As we built a long-term relationship with this customer, the already existing infrastructure will be expanded with an increasing amount of users and applications.
You will be dealing directly with the administration and deployment team on the customer’s side, thus ensuring that day to day operations are as smooth as possible and that integration of the customer’s own software stack with the solution provided by ClusterVision is seamless.
Other responsibilities involve:
- Install and configure Linux OS and associated components
- Create and modify user accounts
- Maintain a precise and clear system documentation; document processes and procedures for the customer
- Provide technical oversight and consultation as required
- Recommend appropriate actions to improve performance, ensuring high availability
- Monitoring of the whole system for proper working status and first line of support
You will be at the forefront of support for this important customer but will have the full support of the other ClusterVision teams at your disposal.
Technical job requirements
Vast experience in a System Administrator’s position in a large enterprise IT environment and the ability to document your work precisely. You have considerable knowledge of Linux Operating System; you are RHCSA and/or RHCE certified. Next to this, you are a virtualization expert, you ideally obtained RHCVA. Last but not least, you have extensive experience with Ansible Automation.
Additional preferences are experience with Icinga and/or Graylog.
Skills and characteristics
- Easy communicator and excellent written communication skills, including technical writing ability
- Strong customer focused approach
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people
- A passion for Computational technology, Linux and HPC
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to deal with responsibility
- Ability to work autonomously from remote or at customer site
To be eligible for this job, you are required to undergo the security clearance procedure. It’s a plus if you already obtained security clearance (level Ü2).
|Reporting To||Manager Engineering|
|Location||South of Germany, work from remote is an option|
|Languages||native German, and fluent in English|