As a Support Engineer within the HPC environment of Clustervision you are responsible for the First Line Support on the computer clusters and server hardware delivered by Clustervision to our customers. You will be based in our Head Quarter in Amsterdam. Aided by your technical knowledge you are able to understand the structure and location of the issue quickly. If possible you immediately guide the customer to a solution, or you define steps to be taken to resolve the issue. In that case you follow procedures for escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal experts.
Other tasks and responsibilities are:
- Manage day to day communication with customers.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers on their issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Document your existing and newly obtained knowledge.
Required Experience & Skills
For this role, we are not specifically looking for a highly experienced person. What we think is more important is personality, drive and ambition. You have at least an Associate’s degree, complemented by some years of experience in a Customer Support role, preferably in an IT environment (this can be also obtained in a side job). You have at least basic knowledge of Linux Operating System (BASH/Phyton language) and you speak English fluently. Furthermore, you are an easy communicator and you have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Other skills and characteristics you will need in this job:
- Superior customer service skills.
- General knowledge of technology and PC Hardware.
- Technical insight and seeing hardware as a new challenge.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people.
- A passion for HPC/computational technology.
- A high degree of self motivation and a “can-do” philosophy.
- The desire to make a real difference to a successful and rapidly growing organisation.
|Reporting To||Manager Engineering|
|Location||Amsterdam, home/office based|
|Scope||Full-time, with immediate start|
|Experience||Minimum of two years of experience in a Customer Support role|
|Languages||English and Dutch; other European languages would be beneficial|
|Salary||Competitive base salary with additional benefits|