ClusterVision’s mission is to lead the market in full-service HPC, Storage, Machine Learning, Storage and Cloud enablement. As the enabler of our customers’ complex IT requirements, their success is our success. Over the last 17 years, we have developed, built and serviced some of the fastest and most complex supercomputers in the world, and have won awards for innovation and technology leadership. With headquarters close to Amsterdam in the Netherlands, and extensive coverage across Europe and the Middle-East, our team is made up of knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and professional
What we’re looking for in summary:
- Enthusiastic DevOp, engineer, Linux fanatic
- Strong affinity with anything computers, technology and science
- Requirements: Experience, a good set of brains & energy!
- Traveling around EMEA, finishing onsite installations and contribute to TrinityX
- Location: Amsterdam Schiphol
- Full OTE/Benefits package reflecting skills, qualifications and experience
The long story:
As an Engineer within the HPC environment of Clustervision you are responsible for the installation, configuration and testing of HPC systems. In addition, technical support will need to be provided to our customers. There will be ample opportunity to develop your skills and to take initiative. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware technologies.
The engineer is also encouraged to contribute changes and features to our software product TrinityX.
The engineer is expected to have extensive IT knowledge, knowing Linux is key. The position requires a self-motivated and independent professional. The engineer must have proven hands-on work experience with IT operations
- Bachelor (preferably in Computer Science or related fields).
- Good understanding of Linux system administration with RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux, preferably RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
- Understanding of hardware architectures and experience with diagnosis.
- Experience with HPC technologies
- Experience with networking/interconnect technology such as Infiniband, Ethernet or Omnipath.
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as the ext4, xfs or ZFS filesystems, and an interest in installing, tweaking and configuring scalable / parallel filesystems such as BeeGFS, Lustre or GPFS.
- Ability to compile and run application code using the Intel or GNU compilers.
Nice to have: hands-on experience with IT operations:
- Familiar with the basics of network protocols, such as TCP/IP and PXE.
- Knowledge about supporting infrastructure such as LDAP, DNS and NFS.
- Working with configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Managing monitoring systems with tools such as Prometheus, Zabbix, Sensu or Grafana.
- Scripting and tool development using Bash and Python.
- Working with Issue tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Working experience in an agile environment:
- Working with Code revision systems: Git (and related products/projects such as Gitlab, Gitea, gitolite, Github)
- Working with continuous testing and deployment systems
- Working with container technology such as Docker or Singularity (etc)
Other skills and characteristics you will need in this job:
- Superior customer service skills.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people.
- A passion for technology.
- A high degree of self-motivation and a “can-do” philosophy.
- The desire to make a real difference to a successful and rapidly growing organisation.
ClusterVision offers an informal working atmosphere with energetic people who enjoy being part of a rapidly growing and successful organisation. We have an open management culture in which we encourage all colleagues to contribute to the process of improving our products, services and processes. We offer competitive pay packages, but more importantly, a fun and exciting place to work where you can develop your skills and build a career.
Applying: Emails without CV and/or linkedin link plus motivation will be ignored!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org