High Performance Computing, Machine Learning and Data specialists
Location: Amsterdam, with occasional travel in EMEA and beyond if required
Scope: Full time
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in IT or engineering driven environments
Education: At least Graduate level
Languages: Dutch and English
Location: This position is in our Amsterdam Schiphol office
ClusterVision’s mission is to lead the market in full-service HPC (High Performance Computing), Storage, Machine Learning, Storage and Cloud enablement.
As the enabler of our customers’ complex IT requirements, their success is our success. Over the last 18 years, we have developed, built, and serviced some of the fastest and most complex Supercomputers in the world, and have won awards for innovation and technology leadership. With headquarters close to Amsterdam in the Netherlands, and extensive coverage across Europe and the Middle East, our team is made up of knowledgeable and enthusiastic professionals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager who will take on the management of key client High-Performance Computing, AI (Artificial Intelligence)& Datacentre projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. At any given time, we have between 5 – 20 ongoing projects of varied size and scope – these can be as small as managing the process for an order of a single piece of hardware, ranging up to managing multi-million Euro projects. You will not be solely responsible for all projects but must be able to keep a broad view over many projects and have the organizational skills to keep track of open tasks associated with each project.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable taking initiative and ready to hit the ground running with minimal training. However, we also fully realise we operate in a complex ICT environment, it is unlikely you will possess all required skills. Hence this is also an opportunity to learn a lot of new skills! It is expected it will take some time and training by the technical and commercial team before all details and tasks are fully understood.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure that projects are properly validated before ordering of supplies begins
- Working on internal projects and process improvements
- Assist in commercial and academic bid-Management
- Adhere to company policies around services and support when carrying out projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan as called for to monitor and track progress
- Provide weekly overviews of the status of all open projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and adhere to communication strategy with customers from project initiation to acceptance
- Perform risk assessment and management to minimize project risks
- Act as primary recordkeeper for projects overview, project meeting minutes, and action/risk logs with the customers
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- A good and agile set of brains to learn the concepts around High-Performance Computing and Machine Learning.
- A basic background in ICT would be beneficial
- Business is mostly done in English/Dutch, but other languages would also be useful
Applying: please send your CV to email@example.com with a motivation letter. Only CVs with a (short) motivation letter will be taken into consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org