As a Support Engineer within the HPC environment of Clustervision you are responsible for customer support on the computer clusters and server hardware delivered by Clustervision to our customers. You will be based in our Head Quarter in Amsterdam. Aided by your technical knowledge you are able to understand the structure and location of the issue quickly. If possible you immediately guide the customer to a solution, or you define steps to be taken to resolve the issue. In that case you follow procedures for escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal experts.
Other tasks and responsibilities are:
- Manage day to day communication with customers.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers on their issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Document your existing and newly obtained knowledge.
Desired skills include
You have considerable knowledge of Linux Operating System (BASH/Python language) and you speak English fluently. Furthermore, you are an easy communicator and you have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
You also have experience with the following:
- Linux System Administration, Red Hat based preferred (RHCSA/RHCE certificate)
- Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Monitoring platforms (Zabbix, Nagios)
- Parallel computing environments (OpenMPI, MVAPICH etc)
- High-performance interconnects (Omni-Path, Infiniband, 10G Ethernet)
- Installation, configuration and support of job schedulers (Torque, Slurm etc)
- Parallel file systems (GPFS, Lustre, Beegfs)
Other skills and characteristics you will need in this job:
- Superior customer service skills.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people.
- A passion for HPC/computational technology.
- A high degree of self motivation and a “can-do” philosophy.
- The desire to make a real difference to a successful and rapidly growing organisation.
ClusterVision offers an informal working atmosphere with energetic people who enjoy being part of a rapidly growing and successful organisation. We have an open management culture in which we encourage all colleagues to contribute to the process of improving our products, services and processes. We offer competitive pay packages, but more importantly, a fun and exciting place to work where you can develop your skills and build a career.
|Reporting To||Manager Engineering|
|Location||Amsterdam, home/office based|
|Scope||Full-time, with immediate start|
|Experience||Minimum of two years of experience in a Customer Support role|
|Languages||English and Dutch; other European languages would be beneficial|
|Salary||Competitive base salary with additional benefits|