TrinityX is an open source HPC cluster eco-system designed to make your cluster agile, reliable, and responsive to your individual needs.
Designed from the ground up to provide all services required in a modern HPC system, TrinityX allows full customisation of your cluster installation. Our cluster ecosystem uses Luna, a baremetal provisioning tool that employs the BitTorrent protocol to provision nodes. As such, every booting node helps the others to boot. It delivers full images of operating systems and not a ‘recipe’ on how to configure one. It also dramatically speeds up installation time, and reduces administrative efforts.
With TrinityX, built-in services like OpenLDAP, SLURM, Zabbix, NTP, and many more are provided through standard installations. TrinityX also includes optional modules for specific needs, such as an OpenStack cloud, Docker on the compute nodes and the ability to partition a cluster.
- Scalable to tens of thousands of nodes
- PDSH parallel command
- Shared storage for essential configuration files and home directories
- Our lightning-fast provisioning tool that can get 500 nodes up and running in under 5 minutes
- Full hardware integration, e.g. Infiniband, Omnipath, PXE, Intel Broadwell, IPMI, switches, OpenPOWER, and more
- Complete HPC user environment (modules environment, scientific libraries, compilers, profilers, debuggers)
- MPI libraries: OpenMPI, Intel MPI, and optional mpich/mvapich/mvapich2
- The Simple Linux Utility for Resource Management (SLURM) preconfigured to make full use of a cluster
- Full HPC performance using the optional Docker-based application containerisation
- High availability for controllers, storage, and login nodes
- Parallel file system support: Lustre, IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS), and BeeGFS
- An integrated authentication system that can be plugged to existing back-ends with minor tweaks
- A comprehensive monitoring and metering system to keep track of critical events and resource usage
- Node-to-switch integration, automatic discovery
TrinityX with OpenStack™
- Full control of environment customisation for users with different requirements
- Ease of management and usage metering
- Allows customers to host their own private or public IaaS cloud (for general IT, selling cycles)
- Ability to re-partition the cluster according to current internal demands.
TrinityX is a fully open-source HPC platform. We encourage everyone to help us further develop the ecosystem to make it even better than it already is. You can find the repository for TrinityX and Luna on GitHub.
We maintain a backlog for the roadmap for the coming two years. The priorities for major changes are determined twelve months before a major release. Priorities in general and the backlog are based on customer and engineering feedback. We consult with our customers, pre-sales, sales, and engineering throughout the year what makes sense to include in upcoming minor or major releases.
A non-exhaustive list of features we would like to see in the upcoming releases:
- Integrated and preconfigured monitoring framework that puts you in control of your resources and job analytics
- Support for PBS queueing system
- Automated and integrated cloud bursting
- Enhanced and customisable security features
- Support for Scientific Linux
- Integration with ClusterVision support processes to ensure seamless remote management of your cluster