TrinityX is an open source HPC cluster eco-system designed to make your cluster agile, reliable, and responsive to your individual needs.
Our development of TrinityX is the accumulation of having installed and designed HPC solutions for over sixteen years. It is the end result of having dealt with many HPC stacks and signalling what could be improved upon. Designed from the ground up to provide all services required in a modern HPC system, TrinityX allows full customisation of your cluster installation.
With TrinityX, built-in services like OpenLDAP, SLURM, Zabbix, NTP, and many more are provided through standard installations. TrinityX also includes optional modules for specific needs, such as an OpenStack cloud, Docker on the compute nodes and the ability to partition a cluster.
Luna is a baremetal provisioning tool that employs the BitTorrent protocol to provision nodes. As such, every booting node helps the others to boot. It delivers full images of operating systems and not a ‘recipe’ on how to configure one. It also dramatically speeds up installation time, and reduces administrative efforts.
Within ClusterVision, we enable our engineers and developers to work on personal projects that often lead to new insights and innovative solutions. Luna was originally developed by one of our engineers in his free time and was later incorporated into TrinityX. We encourage this to further advance the technology behind HPC.
- MPI libraries: OpenMPI, Intel MPI, and optional mpich/mvapich/mvapich2
- The Simple Linux Utility for Resource Management (SLURM) preconfigured to make full use of a cluster
- Full HPC performance using the optional Docker-based application containerisation
- High availability for controllers, storage, and login nodes
- Parallel file system support: Lustre, IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS), and BeeGFS
- An integrated authentication system that can be plugged to existing back-ends with minor tweaks
- A comprehensive monitoring and metering system to keep track of critical events and resource usage
- Node-to-switch integration, automatic discovery
Now featuring Ansible for central configuration management and streamlined automation of tasks like software updates and implementation of services. A powerful tool to increase efficiency.
TrinityX is a fully open-source HPC platform. At ClusterVision, we believe free exchange of ideas leads to a better result. In this spirit, we rely on open source tools when building software features and have opened up our own codebases for collaboration on GitHub. You can find the repository for TrinityX and Luna on GitHub.
Please visit the TrinityX website and sign up!